Tuesday, March 30, 2010

the perfect notebook (cheapass style)

Now moleskines are cool and all, but heck, not everyone can spend 15 euro his written thoughts.
I have to admit there are some pretty sweet alternatives but what is cooler than your own custom made iPad?

Now the requirements I have set:
  1. cheap (yes, I am)
  2. an elastic to keep it closed - nothing as destructive as a notebook that opens in your manbag with a camera pushing against the pages
  3. fountain pen writable - probably I am one of the last fossils who is still using one, but goddaim, it's classy!
  4. A5 size - not really backpocket material, but who needs a backpocket if you always have a backpack or camera bag with you (and A6 is for people who have small ideas :p)
So time to get down and dirty!
Many things have passed in my ingenious brain (one of them was actually starting from scratch to make one myself, I have a lot of time on my hands, but not THAT much)

So lazy McGuyver sez: get yourself a 100 pages notebook from Hema (4 euro) and an elastic from Veritas (1,5 euro).
Punch a few holes in the back, and attach the elastic.... aaaaaand done!

It might not be the cool plastic leather from moleskine, but heck, I just saved myself 10 euro (and got a notebook that has twice the amount of pages): EXCELSIOR!

No comments: